Oh, this was a tasty dinner! I haven’t eaten meat for two days, and after a bit of exercise (we are trying the Insanity workout – oh my!) I felt like some lean chicken was the way to go. There are quite a few stages, but you can mix and match if you don’t want all of the sides.
I cooked my chicken in my lovely Le Creuset Mini Cocotte pots to make individual portions, but you can use one larger baking dish if you prefer.
I served this with zucchini and onions in lime juice, and but it also works well with this lovely Mexican bean recipe from Epicurious.
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 large chicken breast (although the ones I bought were REALLY large, so you might prefer two small ones for two people)
200g tin of salsa verde
handful of grated cheese ( I recommend Monterey Jack)
2 corn or flour tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Cut the chicken into four pieces. Line your baking dish (or mini dishes) with the chicken pieces and pour the salsa verde over. Cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, turn up the heat on the oven to 220°C. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the chicken and return to the oven.
6. Take the tortillas and slice them into nacho-shaped pieces. Lay them on a baking tray and put in the oven for five minutes. They will go nice and crispy.
7. Arrange everything on a plate and dig in!
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes