A warming and tasty dinner. Really simple to make, and delicious to boot!
I accompanied it with delicious cauliflower rice, so a thumbs up if you’re being paleo. Or if you’re a big fan of cauliflower. I had previously made loads of cauliflower rice and frozen it, so I could just throw it in the microwave and go, but there are instructions on how to make it from scratch here too.
Ingredients (serves 3)
– 500g beef, cut into strips for stir frying
– 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons Worcester sauce
– 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
– 200g roasted peppers, drained and sliced
– half a head of cauliflower
1. Mix the vinegar, soy and Worcester sauce together. Add in the beef strips and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2. Get your cauliflower rice ready. Take the outer leaves off the cauliflower and cut into florets. Wash, Put into a food processor and pulse until you have small rice-like grains. I’m not great at working out how much whole cauliflower will produce what ratio of rice yet. Therefore, if you end up having more “rice” than you need, freeze the extra at this stage. It can’t be frozen once it is cooked.
3. Put the rice in a microwaveable bowl and cover with clingfilm. Poke a few holes in the clingfilm, and microwave for 7 minutes.
4. Heat a wok or large saucepan. Stir fry the beef and spring onions (along with the marinade) for two minutes. Add the roasted peppers, stir fry for two more minutes until the sauce thickens slightly and it all smells delicious.
5. Season to taste. Serve with the cauliflower rice and enjoy.
Follow me on Twitter @about_taste