Baked beetroot and carrot noodles
The spiralizing experimentation continues! I wanted to try a new kind of side dish, so I combined two of my favourite vegetables – carrot and beetroot – and made a delicious, colourful side dish.
Here in Spain, in the supermarkets I can only ever seem to find pre-cooked beetroot, so I used that. I’m sure spiralizing beetroot from raw and cooking that would make for amazing noodles… let me know if you get the chance to try it!
I used my Lurch spiralizer for this, and it was the first time I’d used the thin noodles attachment. I think thick ones would have been no good for this, they would just have been like slightly warm carrot and beetroot. The thin-ness meant that they had chance to dry out and cook a little.
This makes quite a sweet side dish, so I served it with a Korean beef recipe from Foodie With Family. We can’t get hold of low sodium soy, as she recommends in her recipe, which meant that the dish was slightly salty. The sweetness of the carrot and beetroot balanced it out nicely.
Ingredients (makes a side dish for 2 people)
– one large carrot (the thicker the carrot, the less waste when you spiralize, so find the largest one you can!)
– 5 pre-cooked beetroots
– salt and pepper to season
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C
2. Use the ” target=”_blank”>thin noodle attachment to spiralize the carrots and the beetroot.
3. Mix and trim the noodles. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread on a large baking tray lined with baking paper (you may want to spread the noodles over two baking trays as they will go soggy if they’re too close together).
5. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes