Oh my god, I loved this slaw. It is a healthier coleslaw, with no mayo. The creamy coating comes from avocado, but still has a bit of a bite. It is delicious. I will definitely be making it all the time this summer!
This goes very well with my “Grown up junk food” post – Inside out cheeseburgers and baked curly fries. Check it out!
Ingredients (made generous servings for 4 people*)
* As in everyone had seconds and even thirds, but there weren’t any leftovers!
– 1 ripe avocado
– 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
– juice of 1 lime
– 2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
– 1 teaspoon honey
– half a head of red cabbage
– 2 small carrots
– half an onion
– salt and pepper to taste
– olive oil
1. Finely shred the cabbage and the onions.
2. Peel the carrots and grate them.
3. In a blender, purée the avocado, vinegar, lime, mustard and honey. Once they are thoroughly mixed, drizzle in small amounts of the olive oil to create a mayonnaise-like consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Combine the dressing with the vegetables and mix well together. Allow salad to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes