Garlic and peanut crusted chicken with sweet chilli vegetables
This is a really tasty way to eat your chicken and vegetables! The chicken stays moist in its peanut coating, and the vegetables are so delicious!
It’s also really filling – we didn’t need rice/noodles etc with it. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 3 garlic cloves
– 200g unsalted peanuts
– 2 chicken breasts
– 50g plain flour
– 1 egg, beaten
– half a courgette
– half a red pepper
– quarter head of white cabbage, shredded
– one carrot
– one small onion
– one cauliflower stem (optional)
– four tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon rice wine
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Put the peanuts and garlic in a food processor and pulse until in small pieces.
3. Set up your station for coating the chicken – one of flour, one of beaten egg and one of the peanut/garlic pieces (put a quarter of this to one side for the vegetables later).
4. Dip the chicken breasts in the flour, then the egg, then coat in the peanuts. Place on a rack over a baking tray and cook for 30 minutes.
5. Prepare your vegetables. If you have a spiralizer, then use the ribbon setting for the courgette, carrot, onion and cauliflower stem (chop the pepper and cabbage into small pieces). If not, use a vegetable peeler to make courgette and carrot ribbons, and thinly slice the onion, cabbage, pepper and cauliflower stem.
6. Heat a large wok or frying pan over a medium heat. There is no need for oil. Add all of the vegetables and stir fry, turning frequently until they are cooked but still retaining a bite. This should take 5-6 minutes.
7. In a separate small frying pan, lightly toast the rest of the peanuts and garlic for 4 minutes. Toss regularly so they don’t burn.
8. Mix the sweet chilli, soy and rice wine together. Taste and adjust to your preference.
9. Toss the vegetables with the peanuts, garlic and sauce. Check the chicken is thoroughly cooked through. Serve the vegetables and chicken.
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes