Sweet chilli stir-fried vegetables
This is a healthy, tasty and incredibly filling meal. I’ve had it on its own as a stir fry, but also as a side dish for peanut crusted chicken
Finally, in the ingredients list you can see I suggest a cauliflower stem. I hate wasting food, so I tend to save cauliflower and broccoli stems for dishes like this. I just spiralized the stem and I ended up with thin slices that were really tasty when stir-fried. Try it yourself!
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 1 garlic cloves
– 50g unsalted peanuts
– half a courgette
– half a red pepper
– quarter head of white cabbage, shredded
– one carrot
– one small onion
– one cauliflower stem (optional)
– four tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon rice wine
1. Put the peanuts and garlic in a food processor and pulse until in small pieces.
2. Prepare your vegetables. If you have a spiralizer, then use the ribbon setting for the courgette, carrot, onion and cauliflower stem (chop the pepper and cabbage into small pieces). If not, use a vegetable peeler to make courgette and carrot ribbons, and thinly slice the onion, cabbage, pepper and cauliflower stem.
3. Heat a large wok or frying pan over a medium heat. There is no need for oil. Add all of the vegetables and stir fry, turning frequently until they are cooked but still retaining a bite. This should take 5-6 minutes.
4. In a separate small frying pan, lightly toast the peanuts and garlic for 4 minutes. Toss regularly so they don’t burn.
5. Mix the sweet chilli, soy and rice wine together. Taste and adjust to your preference.
6. Toss the vegetables with the peanuts, garlic and sauce. Serve immediately.
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes