Bright Red Salad
I didn’t think I was going to blog this recipe, because it was just a salad that I threw together for a quick midweek supper. I made enough for three portions, and put the other one in the fridge for a quick lunch accompaniment for later in the week. But it is 10pm and I found myself going to the fridge, taking out the leftovers and CHOOSING a SALAD as my late-night snack. There is chocolate in the cupboard, there are biscuits. Yet I went for a salad.
I thought that made it worth blogging!
Ingredients (serves 3)
– 4 ripe tomatoes
– half a small white onion
– 200g jar roasted red peppers in oil (drained)
– 2 carrots
– 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon each of white wine and balsamic vinegar
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix together the dressing ingredients
2. Half, then thinly slice the onion and tomatoes. Slice each pepper thinly. Either grate the carrots or pulse them in a food processor until you get a grated consistency (obviously this is quicker but means a little more washing up).
3. Mix the salad ingredients together. Pour the dressing over and toss well to coat.
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes