Simple speedy spiralizer supper – Zoodles with chorizo and tomatoes
This meal needed to tick two boxes. One, it needed to be quick! Two, it needed to be quite light. We’ve been eating out a lot this week after having visitors come to stay, so we wanted something to balance out all of the bread and cheese!
This definitely met the criteria. It was delicious and tasty, yet still nice and light. It was cooked in less than 20 minutes as well. I love a chance to use my spiralizer, and these zoodles were great. You could replace them with pasta, if you liked.
Ingredients (serves 2)
– one zucchini/courgette
– 120g chorizo
– 1 small onion
– 1 tomato
– 12 cherry tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
– a few shavings of Parmesan cheese
– salt and pepper
1. Slice the chorizo into half centimetre pieces. Place in a large pan and heat.
2. Cut the onion into wedges and add to the pan.
3. Chop all of the tomatoes and add to the pan. Stir regularly over a medium heat as the tomatoes and onions soften.
4. Spiralize the zucchini using the wide noodle setting. There are step-by-step instructions here. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan and add the noodles. They need to saute for about 3-4 minutes.
5. Add a tablespoon each of the Worchestershire sauce to both pans and stir in. Also stir the ketchup into the noodles.
6. Mix noodles together with the cooked chorizo, tomatoes and onions. Season to taste. Serve with shavings of Parmesan.
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes