“Green Pizza” – Courgette crust pizza with rocket and watercress
This is a whole new way to eat your greens! There are vegetables in AND on the pizza, but it is still one of the most delicious pizzas I’ve ever made.
This is a really easy pizza to make, and great if you’re avoiding carbs or want a slightly lighter option. I mean, it still has cheese in it, so I can’t claim it is properly “healthy”… but it’s definitely better for you than traditional pizza.
You can grate the zucchini for this, but honestly, who has time?! Just stick it in the food processor – so much quicker.
With this one, you can play around with toppings as much as you want. I had a mixed bag of rocket and watercress in the salad drawer, so I put that on top as my boyfriend loves rocket on pizza. I think any traditional pizza topping would be good here, so go for whatever you fancy! My one tip would be to avoid adding too much pizza sauce, as it could make the base a little soggy and not as pizza-like. Have a play around and tweet me your toppings!
Toppings (feel free to choose your own!)
– 4 slices cooked ham
– large handful mixed rocket and watercross
– shavings of parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. Grate the courgette (or chop it in a food processor – much quicker!). Wrap in a tea towel and squeeze out all of the excess water. Do NOT skip this step, as you will be amazed by how much water is released!
3. Mix in 30g of the cheese and the beaten egg with the courgette. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Place the “dough” on the baking paper and spread out with your hands until you have a thin pizza shape.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until beginning to turn golden brown.
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes