Chicken stuffed with spinach, goats cheese and sun-dried tomatoes
This chicken packs a real flavour punch! It is super simple to put together, doesn’t take long to cook and looks impressive on the plate. It could easily be a dinner party meal, but is equally useful as a quick weeknight dinner.
I served it with orzo and peas, but it would also be good with a Greek salad or some vegetable rice.
Remember, you can always play about with the filling. Rocket and Parmesan would be good. Mozzarella, oregano and sun-dried tomato? Tweet me your suggestions or comment below!
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 2 chicken breasts
– 400g spinach leaves
– 80g goat’s cheese
– 6 sun-dried tomotoes (either in oil or dried)
– 2 tablespoons pine nuts
– 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
1. If your sun-dried tomatoes are in oil, drain them. If they were dried, put them in some just-boiled water to re-hydrate them.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Slice each chicken breast across into 4 long slices. (Here in Spain, you can buy it in the supermarkets already sliced – check your local butchers or supermarket.)
3. In a food processor, mix together the goat’s cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Once they are roughly chopped and mixed together, add the pine nuts. Season (but don’t use too much salt, as the goat’s cheese is already fairly salty).
4. Divide the spinach into eight equal sized portions. Spread a portion of the mixture over each of the chicken slices and roll up. Place in a casserole dish lined with baking paper. Place them with the join underneath so that they don’t come unrolled. If you have extra mixture, place a small amount on the top of each. Drizzle over the oil.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked.
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes