One-pot gnocchi, halloumi, pepper and rocket warm salad
Inspiration for this delicious, easy supper comes from the fabulous Sal’s Kitchen, who you can follow on Twitter. During a weekly “Pantry Chat” (which takes place every Tuesday evening) she suggested this combination, and it is heavenly! It creates a vibrant meal in about 20 minutes. I’m a big fan!
All made in one pan, with minimal effort… and it only has four main ingredients! You can make your life even easier with a decent non-stick pan, as you don’t want to be scraping bits of halloumi off for ages when you’re doing the washing up.
Ingredients (serves 3)
– 500 g fresh potato gnocchi
– 250 g halloumi
– 450 g jar of roasted red peppers in oil
– 50 g fresh rocket
1. Slice the halloumi into 1cm cubes. In a LARGE frying pan, place the halloumi cubes and allow to brown before turning and browning another side. Once you have browned 3 or 4 sides (or all 6 sides if you have a lot of patience) then set aside.
2. Drain the oil from the peppers into the same pan and pan-fry the gnocchi for 7-10 minutes. Stir regularly, but also use this time to slice the red peppers thinly.
3. Once the gnocchi is cooked through, return the halloumi cubes to the pan along with the red pepper slices.
4. Transfer to a warmed serving dish. Add a little water and a splash of white wine vinegar (optional) to the pan and use it to scrape up all of the brown yummy bits from the base of the pan. Season to taste. Pour this “dressing” over the gnocchi and stir in along with the rocket. Serve and enjoy!
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes