Zucchini, Gruyere and pea tart
I used ready-made puff pastry for this tart, so it was really easy to make. It is also quite flexible. If you want a lighter version, you can use Jus-Rol lighter puff pastry like me, along with reduced fat cream cheese. This really reduces the calorie content! However, you can of course go for regular, butter-filled puff pastry and proper creamy cream cheese. The choice is yours!
Ingredients (serves 4)
– 320g sheet of ready-made puff pastry (defrosted if frozen)
– 200 cream cheese
– 100g frozen peas (defrosted)
– one medium zucchini
– 100g Gruyere cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Unroll the pastry sheet and lay it out on a baking sheet on top of a piece of baking paper. (Most pre-made pastries come with this baking sheet already.)
2. Score a one inch border around the edges of the pastry to help it rise. Mix the cream cheese and peas and spread the mixture on the pastry between the border lines.
4. Grate the Gruyere, or cut it into small pieces and spread evenly on top of the layer of zucchini. Season with plenty of freshly cracked black pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and the pastry is cooked through (no soggy bottoms!).
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes