If you want to avoid soggy, mushy sprouts then try cooking them this way. It takes just 15 minutes and delivers a crisp, tasty side dish.
– Fresh Brussel sprouts (my Mum always says to allow 7 per person)
– Small knob of butter
1. Take the bottom of the sprouts and peel away the outer layer. Cut each sprout in half.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Place the sprouts in the pan.
3. Put a lid on the pan and cook for 10 minutes, tossing 2-3 times to cook the sprouts evenly. You want them to brown slightly but not burn.
4. Serve immediately and realise how good sprouts can really taste!!
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes