Garlic roasted sweet potatoes and asparagus
Ingredients (serves 2 as a side dish)
– 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
– 1 tablespoon oil
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
– 150 grams thick asparagus spears, cut into 3 pieces each
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C.
2. Peel the sweet potato and slice into rounds about 1.5cm thick.
3. Toss the sweet potato slices in the oil, thyme and chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Take a deep baking tray and place the sweet potato slices in a single layer. If there is any garlic-oil-thyme mixture left, spoon it over the sweet potato. You don’t want to waste that!
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the slices over. After a further 5 minutes, scatter the asparagus pieces over the top.
6. Bake for 15 minutes more, until the sweet potato is soft and the asparagus is tender.
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes