Baked Parmesan chicken – chicken in an easy crunchy coating
If you want an easy meal, this is a great option. There is a little bit of preparation, but then the sauce just cooks itself while the chicken bakes in the oven. It would be a nice one to make if you’re introducing children to cooking, as they would enjoy dipping the chicken in the tasty coating.
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 250 grams chicken breast cut into strips
– 100 grams savory crackers (mine were herb crackers but use any that you like)
– 100 grams Parmesan or other Italian hard cheese
– 1 egg, beaten
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
– 400 gram tin of chopped tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Heat a drizzle of oil in a small frying pan and gently cook the chopped garlic for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Then, add the chopped tomatoes and Worchestershire sauce. Leave to simmer and reduce.
3. Place the crackers and cheese in a food processor and blend to make crumbs. Tip them into a shallow bowl. Put the beaten egg in another shallow bowl to make your dipping station.
4. Take a chicken piece. Dip first in the egg then coat
in the crumbs. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Repeat with all of the chicken pieces. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crumbs are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
6. Mash the tomato pieces with a fork. Season the sauce to taste.
7. Serve the chicken with the sauce spooned over the top.
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes