Star shaped tortilla bits and tango tomato dip
Want an impressive looking appetiser that is really easy to make?
Look no further!
These star shaped tortilla bites are delicious but are made in just minutes. You can also make them a few hours in advance – just store in a sealed container so they don’t go soft. They are baked so are healthier than most fried chips or crisps, and the accompanying tomato dip is packed with fresh flavours.
You make the star shape using a standard cookie cutter. You can also experiment with different shapes of cookie cutters. They’d be perfect for a children’s party!
– Flour tortillas
– Zest of one lime mixed with a teaspoon of sea salt
– Star shaped cookie cutter
For the dip (serves 6)
– 1 tomato
– 200g cherry tomatoes
– half a red onion
– 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Use the cookie cutter to cut out star shapes from the tortillas. If you press down firmly, you can cut through several tortillas at once.
3. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet (you may need to do more than one batch) and bake for 4-6 minutes until crisp but not brown.
4. Sprinkle immediately with the lime zest and sea salt.
To make the dip, finely chop the tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and onion. Mix with the vinegar and ketchup. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Follow me on Twitter for more recipes